Sunday 24 February 2013

Today I Learnt..... Karma is Real

A few days ago I was standing in line at Max Brennar (A chocolate bar) waiting to order one of their amazing milkshakes. I noticed an elderly lady in front of me pulling out all her coins and dumping them on the counter, she too was ordering a milkshake.

The cashier counted the coins and said "I'm so sorry, you're 50c short" and so I found 50c in my purse and put it on the counter. Now this elderly lady was so appreciative, it was like she never thought anyone would part with 50c. She was so so happy and said "You, young lady, have made my morning". And I smiled, even though I was just giving 50c.

Today, I desperately needed to buy a stamp to post a letter, but there was one slight (actually, large) problem; today is Sunday. Sunday means that all the post offices around me are shut, as well as the newsagents, as well as every store that might sell stamps. But I drove to them all anyway, just in case they were open on this particular Sunday. And when they were all shut I started driving around the supermarkets to see if, by any chance, they sold stamps.

After a trying a million stores this happened:

The cashier (like all the others) said "I'm so sorry, we don't sell stamps" and the lady behind me said "I have a few stamps in my purse" and put one on the counter. Now it was my turn to be so appreciative, I never thought anyone would part with their stamp. I was so so happy and said "Thank You, you have made my morning". And she smiled, even though she was just giving me a stamp.

Karma really is real!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment