Thursday 21 February 2013

Today I Learnt..... I Have A Problem

I have a problem. Well more of an addiction. Actually no, it's an obsession.

Hi, My name is Bron and I obsessively follow TV Shows I don't even like.

Recently I have fallen prey to My Kitchen Rules, one of the many reality TV shows in which pairs of people cook off against each other and win the right to open their own resturant, some money and of course a reputation and publicity.

Do I like cooking? No
Do I like the contestants? No
Do I like the judges? No
Do I like reality shows? No.

Actually the last one's a lie, I freaking love reality TV. I have no idea why, when I figure it out i'll blog about it.

And yet, when my friend and I arranged to meet up after dinner before I move away, my thought process went something like this:

"Oh no, I'm going to miss MKR. I have to know what happens to these new contestants. I guess I can always download it. No, that's not the same at all. Maybe I'll cancel on my friend. No I shouldn't do that, what would I say. Yes I'll cancel. No I won't. Yes I will. No I won't. What am I doing, I don't even like this show!! But maybe...."

I would love to say that MKR was the only one. But blogs are about the truth, and that would be a lie. There are plenty of TV shows I obsessively follow and love:

Scrubs- yes, even season 9 where they made it about medschool.  It was axed. But it was quality
Friends- I balled my eyes out watching the finale the first time I watched it. And the second. Hell, every time I watch it
Dexter- Because he made serial killing okay. Just kidding. But really about liking the show
Big Bang Theory- It teaches me about Star Wars and Star Trek and pretty much every series I should have watched but never have.
And more recently, Elementary - even though it has Lucy Lu in it. And I thought Watson was a guy?

I'm not talking about these ones. I'm talking about: The Block, The Biggest Loser, The X Factor, Australian Idol, American Idol, Australia's got talent, The Voice, Farmer want a Wife, So you think you can dance. The list is endless.

I shudder to think about the possibility I made life choices around these shows.
I'm sure its not healthy. There should be a suport group. I can't be the only one right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment