Saturday 23 February 2013

Today I Learnt.... About A Craze I Could Actually Do

Today I was taken out to lunch by my friend's parents to an amazing buffet place in Crown, and on the car ride there I was introduced to this new craze called the "Harlem Shake". Basically, if you don't already know what this is, it's the latest craze based on a song where one person does a dance for the first part while everyone is ignoring it and then it cuts to everyone doing it.

Here's an example of one (which may be the original?)


Now I love this craze, I really do, for so many reasons. Firstly, its the first one I could potentially involve myself in. I mean, I couldn't get into "shuffling" because let's face it, you have to have coordination for that one. I couldn't get into planking because that one required balance, and I couldn't get into DubStep because I still don't know what it is or understand it in any way. But I can get into the Harlem Shake, because if there is one thing I'm good at, it's dancing like an idiot. 

In fact, people of all ages can get into it:

 

The second reason I love it, is that you never know who is going to turn up in the whole group scene, and what they'll be doing, so you're surprised every time:




Thirdly, it's a world wide phenomenon, in fact clubs, groups and even the army are onto it:



And lastly, I love it because it makes me laugh a ridiculous amount. And watching the endless YouTube videos is yet another excellent procrastination tool.

On a side note, The Conservatory at Crown is an amazing place to go for lunch. The food is incredible and they have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 different types of chocolate fountains. I even maintained the appropriate social etiquette (except for accidently hoarding cutlery from my many courses) that was required of me.... until I walked out with 7 of the giant lollipops I stole for later. So close, but yet so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment