Tuesday 2 April 2013

Today I Learnt.... Of the World of IPhone Dating Apps


This year I have decided to "actively date" (whatever that means, but, yay for me!) and so considering I don't know people up in Darwin, I have decided to check out the world of IPhone Dating apps in all of their glory.

I have learnt many things through this process. Mostly, that I'm extremely (and borderline unreasonably) picky with my taste in men. Oh and also, I'm a very superficial person when it comes to choosing possible "matches" as these apps like to call them.

Seriously though,

-- Anyone who uses "me" instead of "my" in their 'about me' section ("I love me job") ..... No Deal

-- Anyone with "niceguy" or "shyguy" or "lookingforlove" as their username ..... No deal

-- Anyone who manages to write three paragraphs with no fullstops or commas .... No deal

-- Mullets, missing teeth, sleeve tattoos, multiple piercings ...... All no deal

-- Over 27 or under 21? .... No deal

-- Anyone whose top hobbies are shooting, fishing and BMX riding (99% of Darwin men).... No deal. (Seriously, what is with the need to fish here?)


Now most of those I can possibly justify, but then there are my restrictions which really are just unnecessary:

-- Come off needy or desperate ... No deal

-- Too blokey? Not blokey enough? .... Not deal

-- Too tall? Too short? Overweight? ..... No deal

-- Wearing a backwards cap in all photos ..... No deal

-- Describing themselves as a "true Aussie bloke" ... No deal

-- Even crooked teeth = probs not going to make the cut.


I'm taking a wild guess here in saying that maybe IPhone Dating Apps are not going to be my most successful avenue. I swear I'm not this bad when I meet people in real life! Part of me believes I can be this picky because it's the Internet, and then a part of me realises just how many good guys I'm potentially culling.

It's a good thing I'm having fun reading all these profiles though (there are some weird characters on these apps!) , if nothing else, it's an excellent way to procrastinate!

No comments:

Post a Comment