Thursday 5 May 2011

Today I learnt...... The teacher makes the difference

Every year in school they always told me that it was a combination of the subject content and your passion for the subject that decided whether or not you succeeded. I disagree. The way the subject content is taught and how much interaction and creativity is involved, is dependent on the teacher. The amount of passion and drive I had for a subject and how much time I dedicated to accomplishing it, was dependent on the teacher.

Today, I had an intern who was interested in teaching me, asked me questions, answered my questions and was generally nice. She gave me tips for the future and talked to me like I was an equal. She knows every person on the ward by not only their name, but their recent story.

She made me want to turn up on time tomorrow. Maybe even early.

No comments:

Post a Comment