Wednesday 4 May 2011

Today I learnt..... I Will Always Want the Impossible

As I look up at the sky from down on this earth
I see a flock of birds flying in formation
Simply cruising in the sky
And I realise I would like to have wings

I can imagine that if I was a bird
I would not simply drift from one place to another
I'd dive and dart and spin on the thermals
I would race the others and execute tricks
and take the longest route to my destination
So that I could practice my performance

I can imagine that if I was a bird
I would not simply make my nest from sticks
I'd fly to the ends of the earth
Searching for the perfect materials
I would remake it everyday to make it better
and find new innovative supplies
So that my house would be the best

I can imagine that if I was a bird
I would not simply find my food on the ground
I'd fly far far out to sea
To stalk my prey with cunning eyes
I would bide my time until the perfect moment
then swoop from great heights
With skill and precision

Realistically however
If I was a bird
I would look down at the earth
At the thousands of people scurrying around
And wish I had legs

No comments:

Post a Comment